Saturday, October 1, 2011

Smash progress!

I wrote a few days ago about my new mini Smash journal, and how it's meant to be a catch-all for mementos and scraps that don't fit into a bigger scrapbook. It's also meant to be completed quickly and without much effort -- I can testify that this is true. I spent a little time gathering ticket stubs, magazine clippings, fortune cookie slips and other miscellaneous souvenirs earlier this week and spent about an hour gluing it all into the mini-journal with the glue stick/pen that accompanied the book.

Granted, the journal isn't filled yet; there are some themed pages I'm saving for certain items, and I need to do some journaling. But I made considerable progress on a weeknight, while watching a TV show, by just grabbing and gluing. It's not completely organized, but it looks the way the Smash website tells me a Smash journal is supposed to look -- random. "Because you like it, and that's reason enough," is part of the brand's description on its homepage, http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/kandcompany/smash/. An example of tthat in my book would be the panel I cut off an empty tissue box just because I liked the pattern. Nothing is too silly, too insignificant, for your Smash book. And that's why the concept has won me over.

Here are some of my finished pages:




I think I'm officially hooked! My next goal is to buy one of the original, larger books for some of my bigger mementos. I love this small one, though. The portability is a plus. No more losing movie stubs in the bottom of my purse!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy, Thanks for sharing some of your pages in your Smash book. Great job! Did you fill the cupcake page yet? That is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete