Monday, September 26, 2011

Sprinkles cont.

During a busy weekend without much time to scrap, I managed to squeeze in some time to finish the second part of the Sprinkles section of the cupcake crawl book. With this one, I had to cram in a lot of pictures (all vertical or square), but I didn't want the layout to look too cookie-cutter or dull. So I used my circle punches to make the dots Sprinkles uses as its signature cupcake garnishes and as its code for flavors. Running them down either side of the layout gave it the punch (no pun intended!) I was looking for and just kind of brought the whole thing together. The Sprinkles dots reminded me of the design at Dylan's Candy Bar in New York. When Sara and I did our scrapbooks from that particular trip, she had the idea to make the dots with the punches, and I copied her. It was her idea that inspired me for Sprinkles, too. Thanks, Sara! :-)


1 comment:

  1. The Sprinkles pages turned out great. I really like the use of the punches. thanks for posting all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete