Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sugar blissfulness

After a long, drowsy day at work and a tough workout, I was thrilled to be able to come home to dinner in the crock pot and extra time to work on the cupcake crawl album. After a quick bite to eat, I retreated to my little corner of heaven here at home and dove into the first half of my Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique layout. Sugar Bliss was the second bakery on the crawl, in the Loop not far from Crumbs.

I loved the atmosphere of Sugar Bliss, a modern shop decorated in shades of blue and brown. The cupcakes themselves were a design element, with their flower-shaped frosting toppers. We had the option of standard-sized cupcakes or miniatures, and the minis were a real plus in light of the lengthy list of stops still to come.

Here's the first part of the Sugar Bliss layout:


With any luck, I'll have the second part posted soon!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of font is that? Is it for the Big Shot? I really like it. I recently bought Diesel for the Revolution which is a large, chunky font. Haven't used it yet, but I have been wanting it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The font is for the Big Shot (Sizzix), and it's called Serif Essentials. I wish I had the lowercase version of it, too. That's cool that you finally got your Diesel! I love getting new fonts, but I haven't gotten one for a while. I only have two, and I got the other one last year from Stampin' Up after Camille got me a gift certificate for my birthday. It's the smaller one I've used in some of my books. It's called Go-Go Boots.

    ReplyDelete