Monday, September 12, 2011

Tribute to Typo

Over the weekend, I finished the framed memorial to the SJ-R's "adopted" feral cat, Typo, which we hope we'll be able to display somewhere inside the newspaper building. Typo was a special cat, loved by many staffers, and I hope the memorial reflects her spirit and the joy she brought us over the years. I used senior news editor Daron Walker's photo of Typo from the early 2000s for the dominant image, and the smaller photos were sent to me by other employees, some of whom (or maybe all) had taken the shots on their cell phones. Typo, may you recieve all the ear scratches your heart desires in heaven!

3 comments:

  1. Mandy, you are SO creative. This is a wonderful memorial! How nice that others were able to contribute to it. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding a place to display it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, LaVonne! I got some help on the design from my friend, Katie (who doesn't work at the paper and never knew Typo, but is a scrapping genius). Do you like the fat-free, no-cal nature of this post? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fitting memorial to the unofficial SJ-R mascot. It's nice that he was loved by so many. I love his name.

    ReplyDelete